Legacy Changers Counseling Centers
We Offer Both Face-to-Face & Telemental Health Counseling Services
The Legacy Changers Counseling Center
The LEGACY CHANGERS COUNSELING CENTER promotes holistic change by providing emotional and mental health resources. LEGACY CHANGERS COUNSELING CENTER is a division of LEGACY CHANGERS WORLDWIDE
LEGACY CHANGERS WORLDWIDE provides family education and wellness resources with the goal of building stronger legacies of wellness that can transform families…in one generation.
Through the LEGACY CHANGERS COUNSELING CENTER division, we serve:
- Adult and child trauma victims
- Families who experience high levels of conflict and who desire to improve how they get along with each other
- Couples who desire peace, not conflict in their marriage
- Children and youth struggling with behavioral concerns
- Parents who identify that their children are struggling with behavioral and emotional issues and realize they need help learning how to manage them and have positive outcomes
- Parents and children who struggle in the parent-child relationship and who desire to make the relationships stronger
- Youth and young adults who desire to learn skills for healthy interpersonal interactions and growth in family relationship development skills, leadership skills, peer and intimate relationships skills, mental health and emotional stability, and healthy leisure activity
Legacy Changers is known for delivering excellence in culturally sensitive mental health counseling and community education for the promotion of individual, family and community healing.
At Legacy Changers we transform and strengthen individuals and families from all backgrounds by creating and instituting culturally sensitive, cutting edge mental health and psycho-educational interventions, designed to be delivered by exceptionally trained mental health clinicians in a safe environment of belonging.
- Prepare Enrich Pre-Marital Counseling
- Marital Counseling
- Blended Family Relationships
- Parenting Skills Training
- Mother-Daughter Relationship Counseling and Conferences
- Family Relationship Conferences
- Addresses the specific emotional and mental health needs of children, adolescents, adult survivors, and families who are struggling to overcome the destructive effects of early trauma.
- Primary focus on PTSD and mood disorders resulting from physical, sexual or emotional abuse, violence, or grief
- EMDR Therapists specializing (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
Adult, Child & Adolescent Therapy
- Anxiety, Depression, Mood Disorders, Stress, Grief & Loss, Life Transistion Issues
- Sexual Identity
- Addiction Issues
- Anger Management
- Self-Image & Empowerment Work
- Play Therapy
Multiculturally-Trained & Supervised Counselors
- Counseling and psychotherapy for children, adults, individuals, or families provided with in a culturally-relevant and supportive context.
- Multiculturally-sensitive supervision and direction provided by experienced clinician and professor of
TeleMental Health Counseling
- Meet with trained telemental health therapists for counseling sessions on secure, encrypted, online tele-therapy platform
- Helpful for homebound individuals, or those with limited geographical access to counseling services.
- All situations may not be appropriate for online work. An assessment for suitability is done on a case-by-case
848 Hiram Acworth Hwy
Hiram, GA 30141
*Please enter at Terrace Entrance in rear of the building
NEW CLIENTS: Please print & complete ALL applicable forms below and bring them to your first session.
We look forward to seeing!
Meet Our Counselors
MA, LAPC, NCC
Is a Counselor with a specialization in sex therapy from Richmont Graduate University in Atlanta, GA. Her passion is for those who happen to be in a period of transition in their lives due to unfortunate circumstances. Monique has worked with couples, adults, children, teens and the homeless population (both men and women). Monique believes in compassionately guiding, and helping people process issues of unforgiveness, self-worth/empowerment, relationship building, sexual orientation, sexual identity, trauma, grief/loss, and addictions. Monique understands that while no two human experiences are the same, the interaction between herself and the client is uniquely its own experience. Her theory of choice is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), however, her methodology is more of an eclectic style that offers a spiritual component which allows for an integrative approach to therapy. Monique feels that keeping an open mind, and free-spirited approach to each situation, allows for a better relationship building. Providing a non-judgmental attitude that offers compassion, and a friendly safe environment for those who seek help for something they struggle to do themselves. Monique is a therapist with Legacy Changers Counseling Centers.
MA, LAPC, NCC
is an Associate Professional Counselor who earned a M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Richmont Graduate University. Lyresa is a practicing Psychotherapist who specializes in Trauma and is intensively trained in EMDR. Lyresa believes that everyone’s journey has a purpose and meets clients where they are with Grace, Love and Hope. Lyresa is in private practice at Legacy Changers Counseling Center and Integrated Partners in Development and she sees clients with Trauma at Richmont Traumatology Center. Specializations – PTSD/Trauma, Grief and Loss, Relationships and Marital Distress, End of Life/Transitional Care, Life Skills/Coaching, Personal Growth, Parenting and Caregiver Support to Individual’s, Couples, Veterans and Seniors. Lyresa is also a certified PREPARE/ENRICH therapist for pre-marital and couples counseling.
MA, APC, NCC
Is an authentic and relational counselor who has a passion to work with individuals, children/teenagers, and families. She graduated from Richmont Graduate University where she earned a Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, and a certificate in Marriage and Family Therapy. Mallory is passionate about making counseling accessible to everyone, even if resources are limited. She loves working with children on their social skill development (frustration management, emotional regulation, impulse control, etc.). Her desire is to empower parents, and assist them in relating to their child/teen in healthier ways. Mallory is Prepare-Enrich Certified, and provides pre-marital/marriage therapy. She is also trained to integrate faith and spirituality for clients who desire counseling from a Christian perspective.
Shanel is an Associate Professional Counselor in the State of Georgia. She earned her Masters’ in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at Columbus State University in 2016 and is currently working towards her doctorate in Counselor Education at Auburn. Shanel is a Nationally Certified Counselor and a Certified Clinical Mental Health Counselor through the National Board of Certified Counselors. Shanel specializes in trauma, crisis stabilization, and women’s issues.She also works with individuals, couples and families navigating counseling services. Shanel uses a Cognitive Behavioral approach to therapy and is prides herself on assisting individuals in forming a healthier mind.
A graduate of Richmont Graduate University where she earned her Masters of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with a specialization in Children and Adolescents. She is also a certified Prepare/Enrich therapist for premarital and couples counseling. Christine has a background working within the educational systems with youth from various socioeconomic backgrounds. She also has experience working with families, couples, groups, and adults with a wide range of needs. She offers services from a Christian perspective. Christine’s style of therapy is warm, innovative, safe, fun, and interactive. She welcomes the opportunity to join you alongside your journey to wellness!
LPC, LMFT, CAADC
Inspires individuals, couples, and families to improve their lives and relationships using clinically tested and evidence-based interventions. Prior to coming to Legacy, he spent 4 years in outpatient substance abuse treatment, the last 18 months as clinical supervisor of Woodstock Treatment Center. Believing his marriage and family to be his greatest blessings, his passion for working with couples and families is unmistakable. His support, sincerity, and understanding has empowered countless individuals struggling with addiction, anger, aggressive/violent behavior, and trauma. J. J. is licensed by the State of Georgia as both an associate professional counselor and as an associate marriage and family therapist. He is certified as an advanced alcohol and drug counselor through the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Certification Board of Georgia, and serves on the board of directors. He holds a Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy from Richmont Graduate University and is currently pursuing a Master of Arts in Forensic Psychology from Argosy University.
MA, LPC, MAC
Conrad is a Professional Clinical Counselor licensed in Georgia and certified as Master Addiction Counselor with 10+ years of specialized mental health experience across a variety of populations along with 15+ years program management experience. He works with individuals, couples, families, adults, youth and veterans experiencing the full range of therapeutic concerns and has an experience in family therapy, trauma, crisis intervention, substance abuse and co-occurring disorders, as well as community training. Conrad earned his Master’s Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Walden University. He possesses clinical experience in inpatient, community, Accountability Courts and outpatient settings and he has served in this capacity at, Atlanta Job Corps, ACT Team, Westcare Georgia, Cobb County Accountability Treatment Court Program Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health Georgia. Conrad has served in the U.S. Army/NY National Guard and in his spare time, he enjoys traveling, running, physical fitness, playing soccer, and spending time with his family.
Learn more about resources from Dr. Sutherland.